Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator
Responsible for the support and execution of the activities associated with volunteer and community engagement. This includes providing volunteer outreach, recruitment, onboarding, supervision and evaluation. We are seeking a candidate that is a polished professional offering a minimum of 2 years successful experience in not-for-profit volunteer coordination and oversight. Under the direction of and in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, this position is accountable to the following essential duties and responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Execute activities that achieve results through the utilization of volunteers, including coordination of recruitment, agency orientations, scheduling, reminders, record keeping, reporting and recognition
- Responsible for managing the agency volunteer database (Volgistics) and maintaining all volunteer files as required
- Ensures all volunteer service hours are entered and tracked in the volunteer database. Provides monthly and quarterly volunteer service reports.
- Communicates regularly with agency volunteers using a variety of platforms to keep them updated on agency events and program volunteer needs
- Facilitates monthly Volunteer Orientations to prospective volunteers
- Routinely creates volunteer program reports used to inform agency leadership and community stakeholders on the value and contributions made by agency volunteers
- Develops and implements recruitment, retention and recognition strategies to achieve annual department goals
- Implement best practices in volunteer services that support and further the agency’s commitment to Service Enterprise
- Creates, presents and monitors strategies to engage volunteers and community support and strengthen already established relationships
- Provides volunteer support and outreach for agency special events
- Interfaces routinely with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Works collaboratively with agency staff to ensure program volunteer needs are met in a timely fashion for enhanced service delivery
- Provides conflict resolution and coaching for volunteers needing additional support
- When required, assists with development and coordination of event-related social media
- Conducts volunteer satisfaction surveys, tallies and reports results and suggests quality improvement strategies
- Assists with developing and maintaining a record of volunteer service descriptions
- Conducts volunteer onboarding including coordinating background clearance requirements
- Carefully track program expenses to align with approved budgets
- Provides exceptional customer service to all agency visitors, volunteers, and clients
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Our ideal candidate is solution-oriented, adept at managing multiple priorities and has the ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service on a consistent basis.
- Minimum two years’ successful experience in volunteer engagement and retention, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Proficiency in Volgistics (volunteer database), Excel, Word, PowerPoint and various email software
- Skilled in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exemplary project management and organization skills
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties, take initiative and problem solve while meeting deadlines
- Skilled in maintaining composure and professional demeanor in difficult and stressful situations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to attend events and meetings including infrequent but possible evenings and weekends
- Confident in public speaking roles
- Knowledge and skill in social media platforms
Related education or training beyond high school in the non-profit field, communications, marketing, or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Possess Arizona driver’s license and a vehicle to use in performance of job.
- Level One Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to obtain one
Full-time/Non-Exempt, 40 hours/week.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, subject to periodic variation and changes.
TCAA is committed to providing a robust additional benefit package to complement compensation. This package includes paid holidays, vacation and sick time accrual that increases with tenure, as well as medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability benefits, health savings account, and retirement. Additionally, TCAA pays 100% of the employee premium for the medical insurance plans.