Under the direction of and in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, this position is accountable to the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provides critical fundraising support to maximize fundraising revenue and reach annual fund development goals
- Researches grant opportunities and develops compelling, written funding proposals to new and existing funders (local gov’t, corporate and private foundations)
- Assists with execution of the fundraising plan including management of agency contact list and donor database
- Maintains donor files and donor database including all gift processing, timely acknowledgement letters, and donor reporting
- Prepares reports and materials in advance of each Board of Directors Meeting
- Conducts prospect/donor research to further donor solicitation and cultivation strategies
- Tracks and analyzes donor giving patterns and participation in agency programs/events
- Communicates routinely with donors via telephone or in person
- Assists with Department-related mailings and other departmental tasks as needed
- Interfaces with key stakeholders internally and externally to ensure mission impact
- Has regular interaction with agency and event volunteers and works closely with the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Develops, plans, and organizes TCAA fundraising and program-related events in conjunction with the agency and board representatives
- Maintains master events calendar and assists with scheduling events
- Prepares event timelines and coordinates staff and volunteer involvement to ensure all elements of the event are delivered on time and in quality fashion
- Assists with sites, layout, and vendors from beginning to post-event
- Troubleshoots events and analyzes results for continuous improvement
- Works with event teams to ensure accurate management of guest lists, RSVPs, and acknowledgements
- Creates committee meeting agendas and minutes and distributes them accordingly
- Assists with the development of fundraising and event specific marketing materials
- Works closely with the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator to identify volunteer needs as they relate to special event coordination
- Participates in TCAA community tabling events to assist in outreach and marketing efforts as they relate to TCAA services, volunteer recruitment and upcoming special events
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Our ideal candidate is solution-oriented, creative, customer-focused, adept at managing multiple priorities and has the ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service on a consistent basis.
- Minimum two years’ experience in fundraising, development, event management
- Experience with donor management software programs
- Able to demonstrate successful grantwriting experience
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, various email software, and database software.
- Social media platforms a plus
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties, take initiative and problem solve while meeting deadlines
- Able to work a flexible schedule to attend all events and pre-meetings including infrequent but possible evenings and weekends
- Comfortable making requests and speaking in front of groups
Education: Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, fundraising, communications, or a related field.
License/Certifications: Possess Arizona driver’s license, insurance, and a vehicle to use in performance of job.
Additional Requirement: Level One Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to obtain one
Status: Full-time/Non-Exempt, 40 hours/week.
TCAA is committed to providing a robust additional benefit package to complement compensation. This package includes paid holidays, vacation and sick time accrual that increases with tenure, as well as medical, dental and vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, disability benefits, health savings account, and retirement. Additionally, TCAA pays 100% of the employee premium for the medical insurance plans.